- The importance of arbitration in today's workplace
- Is technology causing people to lose their jobs?
- Why more women should consider a career in compliance
|Get jobs on your |
|Remuneration:||To be discussed|
|Benefits:||A return flight to Nairobi will be provided and all travel related to work will be covered.|
|Location:||Kenya, Nairobi, Westlands|
|Type:||Three to s|
Job descriptionHorizon Institute is looking to hire a professional with excellent writing and communications skills to work as a communications consultant. The consultant is expected to expand and enhance the communications and visibility aspects of Horizon’s work within Somaliland, regionally and internationally.
Start date: 1 November 2019 and if possible earlier;
Location: Nairobi, Kenya (with travel to Somaliland). We will also consider outstanding who can work remotely, either on a full-time or part-time basis;
Salary and benefits: Horizon offers competitive rates with regard to remuneration and benefits. A return flight to Nairobi will be provided and all travel related to work will be covered
Role and responsibilities
The consultant will be expected to work on the improvement or development of the following:
- Newsletters and press releases;
- Social media content, including photos, text and videos;
- Editing and adjusting website content;
- Marketing and public relations.
Company DescriptionHorizon Institute is an NGO, based in Hargeisa, Somaliland and Nairobi, Kenya. Horizon assists government, private sector and not-for-profit institutions to create ad take advantage of development and capacity building opportunities by applying a collaborative approach that brings together national and international expertise. Our work lies at the intersection of human rights, institution building and locally driven development. We are also dedicated to ensuring that local knowledge and opinions take precedent in the design and implementation of the international development assistance programs we manage. We believe that leveraging local knowledge and prioritising human rights and the rule of law is key to strengthening governments and institutions, and moving communities from fragility to stability.
RequirementsWe are looking for candidates who are motivated, creative and able to work with minimal supervision. Applicants should be interested in human rights and issues related to justice and be passionate about improving people’s lives. They should also have:
- Excellent written English;
- At least one+ year experience in mass communication or a related field;
- Bachelor's degree in mass communication, journalism, English, creative writing or a related field;
- Experience and interest in social media development and engagement;
- Experience in working with a content management system;
- Ability to research and learn about a wide range of topics.
- An understanding of law or a background in law and human rights;
- Simple website design/development abilities;
- Good public relations skills.
- Proven teamwork in communications and organizational skills;
- Ability to work well with a tight schedule and to meet deadlines;
- An open mind;
- Highly creative.
Posted on 11 Sep 10:13
Subject heading "Communications Consultant"