Business Development Lead
|Remuneration:||negotiable cost-to-company |
|Company:||Ipsos South Africa|
Ipsos is a leading provider of Research for Development across Africa, with fully staffed and permanent research offices in 11 countries. In SSA we provide evidence-based recommendations on program design and implementation at both a strategic and tactical level to a wide range of multi-lateral and bilateral donors, foundations, international and local NGOs. Ipsos leads the way in application of new methods of information collection and analysis, and on the delivery of high quality data sets and analytical reports, alongside the ability to create impact through integrating recommendations into program design and improvement. We work across sectors, but particularly focus on MNCH, SRH, trade and markets-systems development (particularly in agriculture and financial access).
The Sub-Saharan Africa Business Development Lead will support Ipsos’s business development efforts related to Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning across sub-Saharan Africa with multiple donors, including USAID, FCDO, UN organizations, government institutions, foundations and the private sector, and with a wide range of implementing partners. This position will focus on developing new client relationships, business intelligence, positioning, and proposal development, requiring both strategic and tactical direction and support. It will involve significant hands on proposal leading and preparation.
This position is pivotal in developing complete, consistent, competitive, compelling, and compliant bids that reflect client needs. Partnering with country leaders in Ipsos countries and technical program leaders across the organization, the successful candidate will coordinate all of the opportunities and proposals across SSA, leading and writing key bids. S/he will work both internally across the organisation as well as externally with donors and partners. The individual will work closely with Ipsos teams in each country but will report into the Regional Director for Public Affairs who heads up the Ipsos Center for Sustainable Development Research and Evaluation in Sub-Saharan Africa.Key responsibilities:
- The person will facilitate the effective growth of an African business pipeline.
- Use your deep and current connections with potential clients to fully understand their current and upcoming needs.
- Translate on-going programmes of research and evaluation into new relationships through demonstrating to clients how Ipsos can resolve their most challenging problems.
- Develop long-range regional and develop country-specific business development plans in conjunction with country SLLs
- Represent the country teams and Ipsos in business development efforts, including with clients, donors, partners, and other stakeholders.
- Conduct landscaping analyses that can inform an overall program development strategy.
- Build close relationships with country teams in Africa, Middle East, India, S.E. Asia the US and UK.
- Ensure delivery of the full life cycle of business development services, from strategic guidance for positioning to proposal management.
- Lead short- and long-term assistance in identifying viable business opportunities and developing and implementing capture plans.
- Provide analysis and recommendations for bid decisions.
- Contribute to proposal development by developing proposal approaches, writing sections, reviewing the contributions of others and ensuring proposal quality and compliance with Ipsos and funder requirements.
- Network and share information on Ipsos’s country, regional, and global research and evaluation efforts to build our organizational reputation and brand in the region.
- Bachelor’s degree in international development, public health, or private sector development/agriculture.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Demonstrated success building a pipeline and selling work for Africa
- Seven+ years of demonstrated leadership and management skills across the business development continuum from trend analysis, strategy development through proposal development, production, compliance and delivery
- Demonstrated expertise developing proposals for donor contracts,
- ideally for USG donors. Experience working with private foundations and program leaders.
- Demonstrated skills and experience organizing teams to produce high quality proposals on tight deadlines
- Experience working in the African region
- Demonstrated knowledge of proposal rules, regulations, and processes, demonstrated history of success in winning awards and demonstrated experience working in a team environment with country program and technical staff, as well as external partners
- Experience working in global health, private sector development, climate change or gender
- Demonstrated skill in managing communications with clients, partners and donors
- Advanced computer skills
- Must have excellent and high quality English language to global proposal writing standards.
- This person will be ideally based in sub-Saharan Africa, Europe or the US.
Posted on 20 Jul 15:53