Marketing & Media trends
- With more than 22 million internet users and over 11 million social media users in Kenya, access to digital data is on the rise in the country that continues to be a technological hub on the African continent. Siphesihle Hlela
- Kenya began its first national wildlife census on Friday, 7 May, aiming to aid conservation and identify threats to its vast but threatened wildlife populations. The census will run until July, with rangers, researchers and community members counting animals on land and from helicopters. Ayenat Mersie
- NAIROBI, Kenya - Kenyan judge Martha Koome has defended dissidents and helped to write women's rights into the constitution - now she's on track to be the first female chief justice in a country where the role is particularly sensitive. Duncan Miriri
- Samantha Naidoo
Construction & Engineering trends
CSI & Sustainability trends
- Christelle Marais
- Innocent Masayira
- Nazeema Mohamed, Feryal Domingo and Soraya Joonas
- Keri-Leigh Paschal
- Siphelele Kubheka and Desikan Naidoo
Energy & Mining trends
- Dominique Collett
- Andrew Duvenage,
- Maarten Ackerman
- Kuhle Mnisi
- Marius Botha
- Nema Ramkhelawan-Bhana
- Mike Middleton
- Henry van Deventer
HR & Management trends
- Jonathan Veeran, Nozipho Mngomezulu and Burton Phillips
Logistics & Transport trends
Marketing & Media trends
- Andrew Smit and Johan Walters
- Joff van Reenen
- Marcél du Toit
- Alex Glenday
- Jonathan Smit
- Nthabiseng Motsoeneng
- Vilo Trska
If 2020 has shown us anything, it's that change and disruption are a constant. The effects of the global coronavirus pandemic led to unprecedented shifts in the way we live, work, learn and transact - with a widespread move online and digital platforms...
Michelle Wynne 6 Jan 2021
In 2020, many of the world's most influential business executives and policymakers are aware of blockchain's potential to turn the global economy around...
Ilija Acimovic 4 Mar 2020
The start of this new decade marks almost 10 years since the smartphone entered Africa...
Lynette Hundermark 3 Feb 2020
One of the great privileges of working in Africa is how no two days are ever the same...
Cathy Smith 14 Jan 2020
Global publications have exploded with reports of the most exciting new developments that can be expected in 2020...
It is no secret that the manufacturing sector is critically important for both developed and emerging economies. From producing necessities like food for a nation to creating much-needed jobs...
Kevin Dherman 13 Dec 2019
Traditionally, banks targeted older customers for wealth management services, assuming that this age group would be the most interested...
New expectations of transparency and authenticity in business means things like organisational purpose, brand stories, how your company does things, what it believes in and what it stands for, can all play a part in how your company sees itself and how it is seen by others...
Bizcommunity.com 2 Oct 2019
Wireless technology plays a key role in today's communications, and new forms of it will become central to emerging technologies...
Since 2001, Bizcommunity anticipated the role of company culture as intellectual capital. Biz Press Offices are a "glass box" game changer, offering a window into 18 industry communities...
Bizcommunity.com 23 Jul 2019
Augmented analytics, continuous intelligence and explainable artificial intelligence (AI) are among the top trends in data and analytics technology...
With two key retail periods - Black Friday and festive season - now behind us, retailers are looking for new ways to increase revenue, grow market share, and boost profits...
Mark Schech 22 Jan 2019
A lot happens in a year, and as our population and their access to the world and each other grows, our collective innovation and productivity will continue to grow exponentially, making each passing year increasingly dense with 'trends' and 'disruptions'...
Yatish Narsi 22 Jan 2019
"This is not the year of the mobile phone". The African consumer is tired of hearing this...
Lynette Hundermark 17 Jan 2019